The Nigerian Army is one of the top military force in Africa. According to the top 10 military in African ranked by Nigerianinfopedia. She is ranked 5th strongest country in Africa with military strength of 1,400 armored vehicles, 360 tanks, and 6,000 logistical vehicles at her disposal. Although, the level of political instability and corruption has affected the Military negatively! Becoming a Nigerian Solider is a thing of pride and honor.
This article will guide you on how to join the Nigerian Military. The requirements, guidelines and steps. Getting recruited into the Nigerian Army is open to both the graduates and the non-graduates in the society.
Guidelines On How To Join The Nigerian Army
The following requirements and conditions must be met to join the millitary
- You must be Nigerian Citizen by Birth.
- You need to participate in zonal screening exercises at the designated centers. Each state in Nigeria has it’s zonal center.
- You must fall under the age of 18 – 22 years. Do note that this age bracket is for Non-Tradesmen/women applicants. The official age bracket for Tradesmen/women applicant is 18 – 26 years.
- Mental, Physical and Psychological Fitness.
- Female Participants must not be shorter than 1.56 meters while the male 1.65 meters.
- Free of any form of criminal records.
- Submit all completed form at the venue of the examination.
Educational Requirements To Join Nigerian Army
To participate in the Nigerian Military, you’ll need to meet the below educational requirement.
- At least 4 credits in 2 sittings or below in WASSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB for Non-Tradesmen/women into the Nigerian Army. Credit in English is compulsory!
- As for Tradesmen/women, full Educational qualification based on your category is required.
- Required Documents to Commence Army Recruitment Process.
- The below documents are required to join the Nigerian Army.
- Birth Certificate/Age Declaration (Photocopies).
- Academic and professional Certificates (Photocopies).
- An Identification letter signed by the identifying officer in Section F of the form duly completed. The form can be printed online from the application portal.
Please take note of the Following
- Participants will be required to produce all the Certificates/Credentials/Electronic Voucher or Scratch cards used for the application process on the online portal.
- If any participant is suspected to manipulate, impersonate or submit any false doc would be disqualified immediately either before or after training. The participant will however be prosecuted duly by the police.
- Candidates who did not submit their pictures electronically will not be considered for shortlisting. Make sure your picture and other requirements are submitted electronically to get a space on the training ground.
- Any rejected applicant or those who failed to meet the criteria would not be entertained by the Nigerian Army in any way.
How To Apply and Register Online To Join The Nigerian Army
If you’ve read the criteria and requirements are still interested in becoming a Nigerian Army, follow the guidelines below to register:
- Buy a voucher from the Nigerian Army e-recruitment portal online Here! or just visit any branch of the designated banks to get one.
- After getting your voucher, validate your voucher serial number/reference code and PIN online on the Nigerian Army e-recruitment portal.
- Your Email address (which will serve as username) and a Password will be required of you on the portal.
- The information provided should be accurate and authentic. SAVE the info and PRINT.
- Check the portal for the list of students that made it!
- Good luck!