The trap could be built in less than five minutes as it is easy to build, mobile and environment friendly. For effective results, you can build more and place them at different locations.
Get the following requirements to start;
- 1.25L water bottle (you can get a larger size)
- Knife for crafting
Step-by-step procedure to construct Trap.
- Get the required materials together on a plane surface.
- Use Knife to cut off the bottle neck about an inch below the threaded section.
- Use scissors to make cut of about 2 inches down from your already made cut.
- Place the 2 large pieces in safe corner as they’ll be the trap.
- Get the smaller upper section (the funnel), use scissors to cut slices of about an inch till down. Start slicing from the end where the opening was removed.
- Make a diagonal cut to get a spike-like form to avoid the trapped rat from getting away either by jumping up or climbing away. Make it look like the picture below
- Get the rim of the funnel taped round.
- Try inserting the funnel into the lower (bottom) part of the bottle.
- Seal the Funnel by folding the tape over the edge. To be sure, add enough tapes.
Trapping the Rodents.
Building the trap is one step, getting the rodent is another. To get these troubling rodents, you’ll have to place these traps in strategic places. You have to know how they behave to really get them out.
- Place traps beside walls as rats like running close to walls.
- Place where you notice rat faeces often.
- In case you see rat hole(s) place the trap 60 cm away
- Put bait in the trap
- To get rid of rats, cut the tape so as to easily remove funnel.
- Dispose rats miles away from your home so they don’t return.
- You can reuse trap.
Others are reading:
- How to Make Homemade Washing Powder
- How to Make the Perfect Homemade Burger
- How to Prepare Homemade Cake
- How to Prepare HomeMade Shoe Polish
- How to Prepare Amala
- How to Easily Clean White Shoe Sole and Lace