Preparing the Nigerian Buns requires more skills and mastery unlike the puff puff. Perhaps you were unable to get it right the first trial, with continuous practice it becomes easier in no time.
Most people enjoy the crunchy outer shell of the buns, though i prefer the dough especially when it appears fluffy.
NB: To make the dough fluffy egg and oil should be added.
The zobo drink is best enjoyed with the Nigerian buns, the drink is easy to make, requires little ingredients and is naturally endowed with health benefits.
Check how to make zobo drink here!!
The following ingredients will be required to prepare the Nigerian Buns.
- Flour (about 2 1/2 cups)
- Oil (1/4 cup). Melted butter can act as a close substitute.
- Eggs (about three)
- Water (1/4 cup )
- Granulated Sugar (1/4 cup)
- Baking Powder (one teaspoon)
- Oil. (Two cups for frying)
- Get two seperate trays and combine the wet and dried ingredients.
- Add the wet mixture into the dried little by little while mixing and stirring with your hand.
- You don’t want to over-mix the batter, a thick and a bit stretchy consistency is needed.
- Mix until you have achieved it.
- This determines the nature and shape of your buns.
Preparing the Nigerian Buns.
- Get your stove/cooker ready and regulate to a medium heat.
- Place your dry frying pan or pot on the stove/cooker and add your 2 cups of oil.
- Allow oil to heat, scoop batter into the oil.
- Try forming a round shape although not perfectly.
- The frying process requires a little bit of patience and some level of skills, this is due to the thickness of the batter.
- You want a well cooked buns.
- Turn the burns at interval while the frying continues, poke holes in the buns as it fries using a fork.
- Allow to fry for about three minutes each side.
- Continue with the above untill the colour changes to golden brown.
- The buns are ready. Transfer the buns from the oil to a basket or larger sieve placed on a dry pot. This will drain the oil.
Your buns are ready to serve, and can be served with any beverage drink.
Others are reading:
- How to prepare Nigerian zobo drink.
- How to Fry Eggs with Tomatoes – Easy Steps
- How to SEASON AND GRILL (BROIL) CHICKEN
- How to Prepare Homemade Cake
- How to Make the Perfect Homemade Burger
- How to Make Pounded Yam With a Stand Mixer