WhatsApp messenger is among the most popular and used messaging application as it has gotten over 1 billion downloads on Google Play Store.
The messenger application (WhatsApp) is owned by Facebook and now the owners have gotten to a conclusion to make WhatsApp stop running on some older versions of Android and iOS.
Remember some years back, Blackberry, Java and Symbian device users were stopped from using WhatsApp, WhatsApp has it’s reasons for doing so and is known to them alone. Now they’ve advanced to older Android versions.
Of course the WhatsApp messenger application has stopped running on some older Android versions such as 2.3.3 and below, also on Windows 8.0 and iPhone 3GS/iOS 6, Blackberry OS, Nokia Symbian S60 and of course Black Berry 10 devices.
And today, they’ve decided advance their decisions to older versions of WhatsApp devices.
List of Devices to Stop Working With WhatsApp and their Deadlines
The below devices will soon stop working with the WhatsApp messenger and their deadlines;
- Nokia S40 (Dec. 31, 2018)
- Android versions 2.3.7 and below (Feb. 1, 2020)
- iOS 7 and below (Feb. 1, 2020)
Soon, the above devices will stop working with WhatsApp messenger, the deadline dates are clearly written beside therefore if you want to keep using the WhatsApp messenger app after the deadline, you need to upgrade your device to new version of;
- Android 4.0+
- iOS 8+
- Windows Phone 8.1+
Others are reading:
- How to Install two Whatsapp on your Android Smart Phone
- How to Download GBWhatsapp (Latest) Apk v.6.40 For Free
- Download QueenCee VPN v9 Gravity and other Versions Ultra Lite for Android
- How to Download Status Downloader App for Whatsapp v1.13 (Latest Apk)
- WhatsApp Admin Can Now Restrict Group Members From Sending Messages
- How to recover deleted messages on Whatsapp.